- No More Dirty Looks by Siobhan O'Connor & Alexandra Spunt - this was the book that started it all for me - I'd heard about The Lipstick Lead List performed by the FDA and soon after I started reading this book. While it's packed with information, it also has a laid back and accessible feel. Yes it's still overwhelming to realize how many toxic ingredients are in practically every product we use, but these gals give ideas for making a smooth transition to safer products. It's a funny and interesting read: I highly recommend.
- Not Just a Pretty Face by Stacy Malkan
- There's Lead in Your Lipstick by Gillian Deacon
- Healthy Beauty by Samuel S. Epstein
- Drop-Dead Gorgeous by Kim Erickson
- The Green Beauty Guide by Julie Gabriel
- Organic Body Care Recipes by Stephanie Tourles - a friend made us gorgeous soaps using a recipe from this book.
- Skinny Bitch: Home, Beauty & Style by Kim Barnouin
- Gorgeously Green by Sophie Uliano
- Crazy Sexy Diet by Kris Carr - This is a fabulous book and chock-full of healthy lifestyle tips I use every day now. There is also a small section on natural beauty.
- The Beauty Detox Solution by Kimberly Snyder - A must-read for healthy eating and beauty from the inside out.
There are also endless amazing beauty blogs online; go searching and you will find a plethora. Twitter is an unbelievable resource - I can't believe just a few months ago I viewed it as Facebook status updates without everything else. It's so much more and I barely check Facebook anymore!
What have you discovered? Message me, tweet me, let's figure this out together gals and guys!
*Please note - I am just a regular consumer and in no way affiliated to any of these products. I receive no form of compensation for any recommendations I make (aside from the inner satisfaction of sharing a great resource).